Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Elephant or Not?

Having discussion with my wife the other day she thinks I shouldn't make any more elephant wallets. I've had a few negative reactions about using elephant in the past. Frankly most of them were women. Not sure what that means but that is a fact. I'm not a leather worker to appease everyone. Lets face it,  fine hand made leather goods are not for everyone.

Any thoughts on that people?

Most people these days are so lulled over by mass crap they'll purchase shit made in Taiwan, Mexico or China. Cheap imitations of American artistry knocked off by foreign countries.

The wallets I make are rare. Even if I'm not using exotic skins its still a quality American Made Product. I don't use sewing machines. I don't pile a shitload of gawdy silver skulls that everyone else puts on their wallets. I'm offering a high end bitchin wallet that is different than the all the Bill Wall rip offs out there. Don't get me wrong. Bill Wall shit is cool but that guy is coo koo if he thinks that in this economy people are gonna buy a wallet for $1600. Puhleeze. The same goes for every knuckle head that is biting off Bills style. I could mention them but for the record its not really necessary. You buy one wallet from any one of them and its all the same.

Hand made goods are not so easily found anymore. Leather goods guaranteed for life is also a fleeting idea.
The stuff I make whether its a wallet, belt or wrist cuff are products that are made for life.

Are you ok with the crap you purchase and use from Foreign Countries?

No comments:

Post a Comment